Friday, January 21, 2011

Let’s talk about inspirations!

I thought it would be fun to talk about inspiration and where mine comes from. First of all ideas for patterns can come from almost anywhere, a picture, nature or a yarn or stitch pattern! How about we look at my Celtic knot set of patterns, we have the 3 filet crochet patterns and the 3 throw blankets, (the 3rd throw blanket (The Shamrock Throw) should be released in the next week or so, as I am still working on the sample), they are the Celtic Tree of Life, The Celtic Trinity Knot and the Shamrock. Now the way I got the inspiration for these patterns is that I was asked to do a filet crochet pattern using the Celtic Tree of Life Knot, I did alter the picture to make it easier to make into a filet crochet pattern, once the crochet patterns for all 3 where done I decided to do the Knitted throw blankets too.




A more recent pattern (it hasn’t even gone into testing yet) is a cowl and that pattern just popped in my mind when I was looking at an autumn picture! The Hood in the post before this one (http://knits4udesigns.blogspot.com/2011/01/help-me-name-this-pattern-to-win-prize.html ) the inspiration for that came from the fact that I had some left over yarn from The Celtic Trinity knot throw and I wanted to come up with a way to use it up !



I hope this helps you understand how I design and if there is a pattern you are looking for and you can’t find it post a message here or email me at knits4udesigns at gmx dot com and I will see if I can come up with something for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment