Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A sample knit is born!

Yesterday I received a package in the mail from Giovanna Imperia Designs Yarn to make the next sample!  I got the Puffy Nero:

ouffyyarn1
puffyyarn2

This yarn is 100% nylon and comes in 800 yard cones it is about 52 wraps per inch on my WIP tool which would be lace weight or cob weight yarn and it costs only $6.50 a cone! 

Here are my swatches done on size US 4 or 3.5 mm needles:

puffyyarnswatches

The top one is 2 strands held together and the bottom is one strand.  I am sorry about the picture but I just couldn’t get it to come out clearer.  

I am making the Sagrantino Shawl by Lorendana Gianferri which is available on Ravelry and if you click the name it will take you there.  It is a free pattern on Ravelry and so so lovely. 
Right now I have 2 hexagons done and it is looking like this…

Sagrantino1

As for the yarn I am so loving this yarn it is thin as you can see but doubled it is a light fingering yarn and the hairs on it make it feel and look amazing!  Also a funny thing the yarn feels elastic when you are working with it but once it is knit up there is no elasticity in the finished piece. 

The pattern is easy to follow and I am loving it the only problem I had was that I tend to jump right in and I don’t read everything so when I saw PK2tog my mind said Purl 2 together which is wrong it is really a Slip 1, Knit 2 together, Pass slip stitch over which I have always seen abbreviated as SL1, K2tog, Psso so of course I did have to frog the first 2 rounds and restart.  But fear not this is done as separate pieces that are picked up off each other so it feels like it is going fast because each hexagon is only 18 rounds and on each round you are decreasing so it moves at a good pace!. 

I will be posting updates on how my knitting is going every 2 to 3 days so you can follow along and if you would like we can make this a KAL and you can post links in the comments to yours!  I would love to see how you are doing on this pattern too!

No comments:

Post a Comment